After Pearl day of
My skin felt hot after the Pearl, it lasted for about 2 hours. It feels like a sun burn. Right after the laser my skin was whiteish and had a hexagon pattern. There was clear ooze that appeared in spots the first few hours. I had a lot of sensations; heating up, feeling tight and I started to swell. My shellacked aquaphor started to get thick and yellowish as the day progressed. My husband said it looked like chicken skin or fat.
My skin is pink and still darker on the chin line. I am still using Aquaphor in spots. My skin is extra dry around the perimeter. I am comfortable going to work today, no makeup but a little mascara.
After Pearl Thoughts
If you want to change your skin do this procedure the results are undeniable. My texture improved; scaring is less deep, dullness is gone, my pores are smaller. My tone is more even, my sun damage (freckling) is dramatically different. I felt like I could cleanse too hard or do damage during the healing process. Dr. Humes assured me there was nothing I could do to my face, and everything I was seeing was normal. Since I am a fair Irish gal the red was a natural result for me, but varies person to person. By day four I saw the healing and I was confident. My skin needed more moisture than normal for a week after. I remained rosy for two weeks. I broke out more than normal my next cycle, like a deep cleaning almost.
My lowest moments
1. My husband telling me the first day that my skin ?looks like chicken fat or?chicken skin.?
2. Saying to my husband on day 2 ? I think my skin will be red for forever?
3. During the red days, days 2 and 3 was when I was anxious about the procedure.
My Highest Moments
1. The results.
2. Erasing the last few tired years of motherhood in my skin.
3. Noticing a change in my skin, and feeling it.
4. My visible sun damage is 80% gone. Amazing!